Happy Valentine's Day League One



Happy Valentines Day Tormenta fans. We're 24 days away from the start of the 2024 regular season. One preseason game behind us, two more this weekend in Huntsville and then back home for a few more preseason games before we get to watch games that count.

With it being Valentines Day, I decided to reach out to people around the league and asked them one question. "Why do you love League One?" I asked that they keep their responses to one or two sentences but didn't have a problem if people wanted to write longer. A huge thank you to everyone that took the time to respond back and to give of their time.

Bryan from Omaha (League One The Rocks) (@mediocre_ace) 

I love League One for the sense of community. Some of the bigger leagues focus more on the bottom line than the fan experience. League One isn’t like that. You can tell the owners and league really care about the fans. League One also has the best content creators in the world.

Riccardo Cominelli (Linners and Wosers) (@RiccardoComine1

I like USL League One because of the way this lower league community is able to come together and interact with each other, whether that's online or at games. The teams in this league are doing a really good job in growing the game in their respective communities. By bringing a men's team, women's team, academy, youth, and other sports(for the multi sport teams) they continue to want to get the community involved, grow soccer in the United States, and most importantly at the youth level make it accessible for anyone. Between all the hype behind games against other leagues (US Open Cup), the somewhat balance of teams all around, and community engagement there are so many other things about this league that I love too. USL League One has made soccer games a FUN and ENGAGING event to go to!

Scott Mackenzie (Head Coach and Technical Director, Chattanooga Red Wolves SC) (@ScottWMackenzie)

I love the competition, the communities, and the opportunity to grow these clubs and this league into something bigger and better everyday.

Rob Chappell (Host of TalkinFlock podcast) (@RobChappell365)

I might be dating myself, but do you remember the sitcom Cheers? When Norm would walk in and everybody would go NORM! Now imagine that's your goalkeeper. That's why I love League One.

Darin Van Tassell (Co-Owner and President, South Georgia Tormenta FC) (@dvantass)

What I love about USL League One: 1. I love that every team can beat every team every time a match is played. 2. I love the camaraderie that the owners in League One share (but make no mistake: we try to smash each other every Saturday) 3. I love that I get to do this with my wife and business partner, Netra. She is one of the smartest people I know and a a force multiplier for all of us. 4. I love that Statesboro, GA is now a professional sports town.

Edwin Pintor (Senior Media Relations Coordinator, FC Dallas, former Public Relations and Engagement Coordinator, Tormenta FC) (@Pintore)

League One is one of the few leagues in the world where you kind of root for every team to win (except Greenville). Yes, it’s a competition, but you love to see the league grow and Tormenta to win. League One is the kind of love you never forget, the one you’ll always cherish and remember greatly.

Ross Devonport (League One Broadcaster) (@thatrossbloke)

I love League One for the competitiveness, the chaos and the fan banter. You never really know what you’re going to see with any given game, and the fans who love this league REALLY love it. It also holds a special place in my heart for allowing me to do my first pro soccer play-by-play.

Nick R. (Linners and Wosers) (@LWNickR)

Reasons why I love the USL1 is that it gives Colorado kids more of chance to keep progressing in the sport. Ever since Hailstorm came to Windsor, three kids from Colorado have made the team. Another reason is it being the closest thing we have to an open pyramid in the United States. I’m a huge soccer purist and it’s the closest we can get. Last thing is, the community is absolutely incredible and niche. So cool to find guys/girls with similar values to mine around the country .

Jon Hunt (President/Capo of @Railbirdslex, member of @soccerreporters) (@j_hunt1123)

One of the main reasons I love USL1 is because of its fans. They truly make the game beautiful. It's amazing to see the passion and dedication of the fans, especially when you consider that the U.S. was once considered a wasteland for soccer. USL1 and the entire USL league feel more authentic and grassroots compared to other professional sporting events I have attended. These are just a few of the many reasons why I love USL1.

Rich Flemings (League One The Rocks; Director, Production and Outreach, Tormenta FC) (@ImRichButImNot)

I love USL League One soccer for a plethora of reasons: the competitive balance, non-stop drama, online banter, etc. The USL League One community is unlike any other. It's one where fans can be diehard about their club, yet still feel safe about interacting with opposing fans. We all see the bigger picture, recognize it, and embrace the camaraderie that comes with lower league soccer.

Alex Ashton (League One Updater) (@Alexalexrva)

For me it starts with the fact my local team plays in League One. I'd be passionate about whichever league they played it. But League One in particular offers a unique level of accessibility. You're closer to the pitch. The players, the front office and owners become part of the local community and seem to enjoy interacting with the fans, and sometimes you get really lucky and one of those players goes on to make it big.

Gio Cañas (Account Manager, Greenville Triumph) (@giocanas10)

I love League One because it has given me the opportunity to meet new friends from every team in the league! I have created so many amazing relationships with players, staff, and other fans. Being a supporter of the Triumph, and the league, also led to me getting my job with the Triumph and make my dreams come true!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Only Preseason Rankings You Don't Need

A little bit of this. A little bit of that.